No really, I’m totally getting that sewing machine. Seriously, this week. I mean it! Okay, I’ve been lazy. And now the weather is crappy and I don’t have the urge to pick up a sewing machine at Target and lumber back home with it. But I will. Self-accountability: right here.
I moved to New York 21.5 months ago with a degree in merchandising, experience in journalism and found a job in personal finance. Now I am jobless with too much free time and no excuse not to alter my clothes myself, create new cute dresses and design an occasional embarrassing cat outfit.
What if I had a sewing machine from day one in NYC? I could have…
- done my own alterations on my bridesmaid dress
- hemmed pants of my own and the roommate variety, because finding pants that fit perfectly is a hilarious joke
- started an Etsy store to have a side stream of income no matter where my career goes
- easily eased boredom by playing around with new designs and old patterns
- started my own line of cat-wear
What will I really be doing when I finally acquire my sewing machine? We’re about to find out. (Soon… I promise)