Warning: I’ve gotten pretty bummed about not going home for Christmas. I’ll try not to whine. In other news, Godspell wunderstudy Julia Mattison held a “A Violent Holiday Explosion!” and I’m sort of in love with all of her tunes. My favorites include “Brrr… it’s cold out… there” with Hunter (omg dancing and innuendo and cat), “Frostbite! Awesome!” with Telly, Nick, and George (just super WTF awesome), but I just couldn’t stop listening to “Elf Voicemail” with Wallace at work today:
1. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is to be silly and goofy with friends. Festivity is way more fun with others.
2. The thing I love most about Christmas is going home. Since I don’t have the ability to see my family often, Christmas is usually the guaranteed time for that. Obviously it’s not this year, and I’m sad about that. Sometimes I really wish I was closer to my family. And honestly, I will never see anything bad about a warm Christmas that involves hanging out by the beach and watching the waves crash.
3. The holiday season is a time for getting away from the everyday and embracing the good things about the holidays. To quote Abed from Community, “I guess I just like liking things.”
4. My favorite thing to eat at the holidays is anything chocolate. My co-worker brought in chocolate cookies with marshmallows melted on top. Beyond delicious. Although, I’ve learned too much sugar makes working very challenging.
5. I will be spending Christmas with Collin and his family in PA.
6. Tis better to (give or receive?) give. I love coming up with silly slash meaningful gifts for people and rather put my energy into that instead of wanting gifts. Except for practical things that maybe I need help on in the financial department…
7. I’m dreaming of a relaxing, thoughtful, walking on the beach Christmas.