Daily Duds · Sewing Misadventures

Work in Progress

This is the first time these jeans have been brought out into the world in many months. Sometime last fall or summer the zipper broke at the base, becoming disconnected and lost a few prongs, or whatever you call them. Since I spent some time working on my robe project last night, it made sense to finally attempt to fix these jeans. They’re my relatively expensive “nice” jeans, and I want to keep them in rotation. Long term plan will probably require replacing the whole zipper, but for now I used some fabric glue (best fixer ever) and stitches to create a new zipper end. Maybe it’ll last, maybe not. We’ll see.

photo

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s